Part of the Capital Markets Series
Supported by the Financial Markets Committee
We are delighted to welcome Ashley Alder, the CEO of the Securities and Futures Commission for the first of the new Capital Markets series, sponsored by KPMG.
Ashley was first appointed as CEO in October 2011, and is now serving his third three-year term in the role. In May 2016, Ashley was elected as Chair of the Board of the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO), and was re-elected for a further two-year term in May 2018.
Ashley was previously Chair of the IOSCO Asia-Pacific Regional Committee and Vice Chair of the IOSCO Board. Ashley has represented IOSCO as a member of the Financial Stability Board Steering Committee and Plenary since his election as IOSCO Board Chair.
Ashley started his career as a lawyer in London in 1984. He moved to Hong Kong in 1989 with the international law firm Herbert Smith, practicing corporate and business law. He was Executive Director of Corporate Finance at the SFC from 2001 to 2004, before returning to Herbert Smith, where he became head of the firm’s Asia region.
Join us at this lunch event to hear from one of the most influential figures in Hong Kong's financial markets sector.
Ticket includes a 3-course meal and one drink.
- Member: HK$ 650
- Non-Member: HK$ 750
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 600
- Start-up Member: HK$ 600
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make cheques payable to: "The British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong" & send it to Room 1201 Emperor Group Centre, 288 Hennessy Road, Hong Kong