Guernsey: Delivering Stability, Security and Certainty in a Volatile World
With so much turbulence and uncertainty in the world, it has never been more important to think about where we choose to live and do business. Guernsey offers a unique combination of stability, security and quality of life and is the nearest offshore jurisdiction to London. At the same time, the island offers a similarly compelling business environment from start-up funding to listing, a high-quality advisory community, and an established international reputation for excellence in the specialist finance markets in which we trade. And not only in finance. Guernsey is home to Specsavers (optometry), Healthspan (food supplements), and Blue Diamond (garden centres), all based in the island and trading internationally.
Join us to hear more about how Guernsey's position in the world is developing and what it could offer to you, your family, and your business. The agenda will cover all of this and showcase our international pension industry as an example of how Guernsey's specialist approach delivers product tailor-made for niche markets.
About the speakers
Dominic Wheatley is Chief Executive of Guernsey Finance. His role includes business development and the promotion of Guernsey’s finance industry in the island’s target markets including Europe, the US and the emerging markets, and liaison with industry associations and government, both in Guernsey and further afield. Previously Chief Marketing Officer of the Willis Global Captive Practice and Managing Director of its Guernsey business, Dominic has more than 25 years of finance experience in London and, for the past 20 years in Guernsey. Dominic is a member of the Institute of Directors and serves as a non-executive director on a number of local boards. He is a fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute and holds an MBA from Warwick University.
The role of Tom Broughton within Sovereign Trust Hong Kong Limited is to focus on developing business for our onshore and offshore pension solutions. Guernsey is becoming an increasingly popular jurisdiction for occupational pensions with over 230 corporate pensions established in the last 5 years. Guernsey is also highly recognised as a jurisdiction for international personal pensions including the Qualifying Non-UK Pension Scheme (QNUPS).
In addition to high net worth individuals and their families, his clients include professionals, expatriates, entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes.
The event is free to attend, a sandwich lunch will be provided.
Registration required. Please email Yammie Yuen (email@example.com) to secure your place.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make cheques payable to: "The British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong" & send it to Room 1201 Emperor Group Centre, 288 Hennessy Road, Hong Kong