In our current, fast-paced digital age where businesses are all competing for attention and dealing with a cynical audience, it’s not enough just to offer up the facts about you or your company to potential customers, prospective employers or investors, or even to your own colleagues. You need to be able to show them: What makes you or your business so special? And to do that, you need to have a good story.
Stories are an effective way to transmit important information and values from one individual to the next. Stories that are personal and emotionally compelling engage more of the brain, are better remembered and more likely to provoke a positive response, than simply stating a set of facts.
This workshop is designed to introduce you to the power of storytelling.
a) Understand the science: Why do character-driven stories with emotional content result in a clearer understanding and better recall of key points?
b) Learn different storytelling techniques
c) Highlight ways to structure content for clarity and impact
Join us to learn different storytelling techniques and how to effectively build and tell your company's story.
Key Learning Points
You will learn to:
- Achieve a deeper understanding in less time
- Build credibility
- Improve accuracy and efficiency by “doing it right the first time”
- Avoid misunderstandings
- Improve morale
- Create alignment
About the speaker
Eric Sampson specialises in communication, presentation and negotiation skills training. He works with individuals and groups in areas such as building trusted relationships, communicating across barriers, executive presence and speaking as a leader.
Born and educated in Hong Kong his multi-cultural background and 15 years of international work experience before returning to Hong Kong in 1994 allows him to work effectively with a wide spectrum of nationalities and professions and across cultural, language and ethnic boundaries.
Ticket includes a light sandwich lunch
- Member: HK$270
- Non-Member: HK$350
- Y-Network Member: HK$ 170
- Start-up Member: HK$ 170
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- This event is closed to the media.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rain Storm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make cheques payable to: "The British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong" & send it to Room 1201 Emperor Group Centre, 288 Hennessy Road, Hong Kong